Please review these rental tips before you contact us. It will help us provide you with a more accurate quote and you will have a more successful event.
KNOW YOUR WORK AREA
If you are having an event where you will be renting multiple pieces of equipment, it is important to know the dimensions of your work area and your access to power and water.
- Make a list of all equipment you will be using. The quantities and dimensions of these items is important to know. If you are working with a 10′ x 10′ space, renting a couple 8 foot tables may not be to your advantage if you have a steam table, double door fridge, oven and fryer.
- How far is your work area from the nearest electrical outlet. Find out the voltage and amps available.
- Measure the SMALLEST height and width of all doorways leading to where the equipment is to be delivered. Let us know if you think there will be an issue.
- We will encounter any delivery issues we need to be aware of such as stairways, small elevators, narrow hallways or doorways.
- City/County requirements. A NSF hand sink and/or fire extinguisher may be required
- The base of your work area. Is it level? Are you in grass or on a solid surface?
COOLERS / FREEZERS
Proper power supply to commercial refrigerators, freezers and walk-in coolers is very important! Please find out what power is available to your work area ahead of contacting us. If proper power is not supplied, the unit will not cool properly and you could possibly burn up the compressor.
Only one refrigerator per receptacle. Each refrigerator should have its own receptacle. Two refrigerators in once receptacle will not cool properly and may trip a breaker.
If the distance from the power source to the cooler is too far, the unit will not cool properly and damage to compressor may occur. Excessively long or undersized extension cords will not supply enough voltage to the units causing them to overwork and burn up.
We check each cooler and freezer before it leaves our warehouse. Once we transport a refrigerator or freezer, it needs to settle for an hour prior to use and then should be plugged in an running before your event.
PROPANE FUELED EQUIPMENT
If you are renting an oven, range, steam table, fryer, griddle, BBQ grill or other propane operated piece of equipment, you need to know how much propane you need for your event.
You will need one tank for each piece of equipment. Each piece of equipment will burn approximately one gallon of propane per hour. It can vary depending upon how many burners and their settings.
Propane tanks are available in 5 gal, 10 gal and 25 gallon. We supply the hoses. They are designed with quick disconnects to be attached to our equipment.